17 March, 2012

Dream Story Sharing Time

I just woke up from a 2 hour nap (it's 5.30pm) after spending a hard day in bed catching up on Grey's Anatomy episodes and battling a serious hangover. I rarely get hangovers and when I do, I feel well and truly sorry for people that wake up most Saturdays and/or Sundays like this. It would be the worst.

Anyway. I'm breaking from my usual writing patterns and just to make this blog even more ridiculously pointless, I'm going to share what fragments of my dream I can remember. (This is your last chance to close this page if you don't enjoy random pointless Tessa Stories. Consider yourself warned.)

... In my dream I was at a supermarket. I can't remember who I was with but it had an 'exchange-y' vibe, so it was probably some exchange friends. Half way through the dream I had a parallel dream that Jane tagged a bunch of travel photos on Facebook. (Heads up Jane, it looks like you have a really good time in Fez!) Does anyone else have parallel dreams? It's like a parallel story in a book or tv show- a separate plot to the main story, but with a common link. Well I do.

Back to the dream. I remember walking back and forth along the same aisles because I kept forgetting something and then going back to get it, but then leaving something at the other end, etc etc. The aisles weren't like normal supermarket aisles. They were kind of IKEA maze-like and involved lots of manoeuvring to get around. There was even a drawbridge / trapdoor that you had to climb through and pull out stairs to go down.

I remember I had three shopping bags. One definitely had kale in it, and another had alcohol, including a bottle of wine that had been bent out of shape. Even in the dream I was curious about how a glass bottle can be bent.

At some point the supermarket started closing (this is the good bit), and so the whole store started sinking into a lake. It was kind of like the roof just came off and everything slowly sank away into the water. And even though you were in water, you didn't really feel like you were wet or swimming even. It was like being in air, but you were in water, if that makes any sense. Probably not.

I remember I'd left my grocery bags further away in another aisle, but most of that part of the store had disappeared into the lake so I headed to leave. By now this top part of the store was almost completely gone and I had to grab onto the trapdoor as it starting sinking to hoist myself out.

I'm not sure what happened after that, but I remember I spoke to a supermarket assistant at some point and told her that I'd left my groceries in the store, but she assured me that tomorrow when the supermarket rose from the lake, I'd be able to get them back. This seemed like a reasonable answer to a reasonable problem- such is the world of dreams.


Anywho, you've just lost a good couple of minutes of your life reading this pointless story. On the upside, now that it's written down, I'm probably less likely to try and tell people this story in person, so you can feel good in yourself for having saved someone from going through that.

And now I'm off to clean up the mess of broken pottery and spilt dirt in my room. Apparently I knocked over my pot of gerberas when I got home last night. Nice one, drunk Tess.

No comments:

Post a Comment