29 January, 2012

Dear Jonas...

Dear Jonas,

I'm sorry that I will never send you a text message in order to give you my number. I know I seemed happy to meet up sometime after we met at a swing* dance class, but I am actually very eager to avoid what I anticipate would be an extremely awkward situation. You are 40-50 years old, and I'm 20. You're a tax auditor and I'm a university student. You aggressively ordered me to "breathe" and concentrate on the dance steps, and I laughed awkwardly and continued to mess it up. You're old enough to be my dad, and my Swedish friends confirm that this is not a normal Swedish friendship to strike up.

So somehow I just don't see us having coffee or going for a walk in a park any time soon, like you suggested. (But seriously, it's always past freezing cold outside and the last thing I want to do with anyone is amble through a park for the fun of it.) And past discussing swing dancing, what did you imagine we'd talk about?

I'm sure you are a lovely guy, but I just don't think this is going to work out. I will always keep your business card as a memento of the first Swedish guy to ask me out, and I hope you find a better match at the next swing class.

Sincerely,
Tessa

*For those people who don't know what swing dancing is, I provide this educational youtube clip:

----------------
On a side note, I cut my fringe for the first time EVER today and it didn't end in a horrific disaster. I am actually beyond amazed!



No comments:

Post a Comment